WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a small file that is downloaded onto a user’s device to store data that may be updated and retrieved by the entity responsible for installing the cookie.
WHAT KINDS OF COOKIES ARE THERE?
The following types of cookies depend on the entity who manages them:
- First-party cookies: cookies sent to the user’s device from a device or domain managed by the publisher themselves and from where the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: cookies sent to the user’s device from a device or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
The following types of cookies depend on how long they stay active on the user’s computer:
- Session cookies: these cookies make it possible to collect and store data while the user is accessing a website. They are used to store information that is only kept to provide the service during the user’s current session.
- Persistent cookies: in this case, the data remains stored on the user’s device and may be accessed and processed for a given period of time defined by the party responsible for the cookie.
Lastly, there are the following types of cookies differentiated by their purpose:
- Technical cookies: these cookies make it possible to browse a website and use the different options or services available on it, such as e.g. identifying the browser session, remembering the elements that make up an order, carrying out the purchasing process for an order, carrying out the login request, using security elements while browsing or sharing content via social networks.
- Customisation cookies: these cookies allow the user to access the service with customisations, such as e.g. the language or type of browser used to access the service.
- Analysis cookies: these cookies enable website users’ behaviour to be tracked and analysed. The information collected using this kind of cookie is used to make improvements according to the analysis of the usage data from the service users.
- Advertising cookies: these cookies make it possible to manage any advertising spaces that the publisher has included on a web page, where applicable.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: these cookies make it possible to manage advertising spaces by storing information on user behaviour obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which in turn makes it possible to develop a specific profile to show ads based on this behaviour.
WHICH COOKIES DOES DIEZSIGLOS.ES USE?
We will now explain the types of cookies we use on our website and why we use them:
STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES
These are technical and customisation cookies that are essential for browsing the website, enabling the user to use features or tools such as e.g. identifying a browser session, accessing restricted content, remembering shopping trolley contents, carrying out the purchasing process or the user’s language settings. Many of these functionalities would be disabled without these cookies.
We use third-party cookies in this case, specifically those provided by Google Analytics, a web traffic analysis serviced provided by Google, Inc.
HOW CAN I MANAGE OR DISABLE COOKIES?
You can allow or block the cookies that will be installed on your device, or even delete cookies that have already been installed, by using the options on your web browser.
If you block cookies from diezsiglos.es on your device, you may not be able to access some services, or your browsing experience may be adversely affected.
Below are some links with information about how to manage cookies on the most popular web browsers:
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Safari for IOS (iPhone and iPad)
- Chrome for Android
At diezsiglos.es, we care about your security and we do not store any data from our users, unless they have voluntarily logged in to purchase products and access the services made available to them or to receive information about promotions and content of interest to them.